Hello my lovely friends. It is officially November 1st! How is this year flying by so quickly??
Just a quick catch up. This year is my first year in my program at the University of Texas (I'm an Advertising major) and I have been simultaneously swamped and ecstatic for the past few months! If you've been following along on Instagram you know exactly what I'm talking about - which, if you all don't follow already I've been using my InstaStories to keep up with everyone, so go check it out if you want to keep tabs on the day-to-day. ;)
So, as it is the first day of November, and I've been talking about it for weeks, I've finally recorded my pumpkin bread recipe and am bringing it to you all just in time for Thanksgiving and the Holidays!
Without further adiou. My family's world-shattering, life-changing pumpkin bread recipe.
3 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
3 Cups Sugar
1 Can Pumpkin Puree
1 Cup Vegetable Oil - for the health-conscious you can use the same measurement of apple sauce and it works the same!
2/3 Cup Water
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon Cloves
1/4 Teaspoon Ginger
1 Teaspoon Vanilla (optional depending on desired flavor)
1 Cup Chocolate Chips (I use dairy-free/vegan ones!)
1. Preheat Oven to 350 Fahrenheit (175 Celsius). Prepare either loaf pans, cupcake trays, or muffin tins. *This recipe can make up to three 7X3 loaves, but I like to mix and match with muffins and loaves of bread!
2. Combine wet ingredients - Pumpkin puree, oil, water, sugar, and eggs (and vanilla if you choose) in a stand mixer and mix through - I used a Kitchen Aid stand mixer with the whisk attachment, but you could also use a handheld mixer.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl - Flour, baking soda, salt, and spices and whisk together until fully incorporated.
4.Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix to combine thoroughly.
5. Pour into baking tins until half way full. Top with chocolate chips!
6. Bake at 350 for up to 50 minutes for a 7X3 loaf pan, about 15 minutes for muffins and cupcakes, and about 30 minutes for smaller loaves.
7. Let cool + enjoy with a hot spiced chai <3
Well folks, that's about it! I hope you all enjoy this super easy dairy-free recipe as much as I do! Let me know what you think, any other recipes you'd like to see, and don't forget to follow along on Instagram! Happy autumn!